Q

What was the business problem?

Insurance and pharmaceutical companies are unable to track terms of their drug contracts due to the complexity of the negotiations and the work culture of the intermediaries. This leaves the companies at the mercy of their negotiators and operating with blinders. 

What was the business objective?

Gather intelligence on how contract terms perform over time

How did you ensure that it was met?

In order to meet business objective, I researched the nature of these contract negotiations and the process involved in a successful drug contract. Next, my objective was to work with product and development on designing a system that would structure the contract term data into a consumable format. 

At what point in the process did you involve users? 

Initially, I worked with the client to gather information on contract negotiations and actors who are involved in the process. The client was a former contract negotiator so I was able to learn how the system of contract negotiations worked at a high level. The fruit of the back and forth with the client was a paper prototype that formed the basis of the digital prototype. 

I tested the digital prototype with four contract negotiators that the client provided through a remote test. The first part of the testing was a run through of completing critical tasks. While that occurred, the second part involved further interview questions about the process, work culture, and what types of tools negotiators employed. 

Paper Prototype The paper prototype acted as the tool that allowed the team to further detail on requirements.

Paper Prototype The paper prototype acted as the tool that allowed the team to further detail on requirements.

Digital Prototype The digital prototype I tested with users

Digital Prototype The digital prototype I tested with users

Test Plan Draft

Test Plan Draft

UI library

UI library

UI library applied to wireframes

UI library applied to wireframes